Flock to Tiburon’s Waterbird Festival on February 6
On your travels throughout Serenity, you’ve likely glimpsed our resident snowy egret, Terry, basking in the sun along the lake. But if you’ve yet to witness the Bay Area’s other magnificent waterbirds, now’s your chance.
On February 6, join the Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary for its third annual Waterbird Festival to celebrate scaups, scoters, cormorants and more. Take part in naturalist-led bird walks, exclusive field trips and fun bird-themed activities. And don’t forget to bring a pair of binoculars!
Register today – it’s free. Simply click here.
Here’s what’s planned from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Gull identification workshop with Peter Pyle
- Judy Irving (Director of Pelican Dreams and The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill)
- John Muir 'Jack' Laws sketching class
- Bird walk with Len Blumin (Blackie's Pasture area)
- Rich Cimino's Birding Basics
- Bird walks
- Bay boat trip on the Blue Runner
- SeaTrek kayak trip on Richardson Bay
- BYO kayak/SUP trip to Aramburu Island
- Exhibit of Audubon Magazine's 2015 Photography Award winners
- Offsite field trips with Bay Area Audubon chapters
- Expert speakers
- Food trucks
The Serenity at Larkspur Staff