Railroad and Ferry Museum: Say Hello to Historic Tiburon
In the 1880s, Tiburon was perfectly poised to become an integral part of California's railroad system. Close to San Francisco and the Pacific coast, Tiburon served as a hub for trains and ferries in 1884, when the San Francisco and North Pacific Railroad started stopping there. Trains ceased to travel through the depot in the late 1960s, but the Town of Tiburon took over the land and transformed the former depot into the Tiburon Railroad and Ferry Museum.
Today, you can glimpse a peek into what life was like in early 20th-century Tiburon. The ground floor is devoted to a massive model display of what then-railroad-town Tiburon looked like from 1900 to 1910. From trains and boats to buildings and green spaces, the exhibit illustrates every aspect of Tiburon down to the smallest detail. On the second floor, however, the Depot House Museum has been restored to reflect how it was when the depot's different stationmasters lived there with their families over the years.
Tiburon Railroad and Ferry Museum
1920 Paradise Drive
Tiburon, CA 94920
Landmarks Society Tiburon Railroad and Ferry Museum Overview
Tiburon Railroad and Ferry Museum Yelp Page