Your Step-by-Step Guide to Roasting Pumpkin Seeds
If you carve a pumpkin this fall season, you might want to try roasting the pumpkin seeds instead of tossing them out after carving. Although it may seem like a complicated endeavor, roasting pumpkin seeds is actually very easy, enjoyable, and delicious. Use these simple steps to roast pumpkin seeds at home.
1) Scoop the seeds. After you cut the pumpkin, scoop the seeds out using a large spoon. They’ll be covered in some pretty unpleasant stringy bits, so try to remove as many of those as possible while scooping.
2) Dry with a towel. Next, dry the seeds as much as possible with a clean towel. They won’t get completely dry, but you should try to remove as much of the excess moisture as possible.
3) Oil and season. Drizzle the pumpkin seeds with a bit of olive oil and season however you please. You can use simple salt, cinnamon, and sugar or even some spicy jalapeno if you’re feeling adventurous.
4) Spread on a baking tray. Spread the seeds on a baking sheet, making sure to arrange them in a single layer.
5) Roast. Finally, roast the seeds in the oven for approximately 20 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees. If you choose to, you can stir the seeds once or twice during baking to ensure that they bake thoroughly all over. Once they’re roasted, simply cool and enjoy.
How To Roast Perfect Pumpkin Seeds – Easy, Crunchy, Addictive! [Oh She Glows]
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds [Pumpkin Patches and More]
How To Roast Pumpkin and Squash Seeds [The Kitchn]